Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sharing rats, dinner and sunsets with friends



Axel came by this morning and it looks like he caught 3 rats! The traps helped and the sticky traps we had last year helped more so. The ones they sell here are not as good as the other ones we had. On these new sticky traps, I think they do a little dance, shake their little booties, then prance off looking for something to eat.  Yep… I can hear the laughter as the critters seem to get off the traps and go on their merry way.  We went over to the restaurant for eggs this morning and then Axel went back to work on Azaya and we checked out our charts, GPS, and weather. It looks like things are settling down and we’ll probably take off tomorrow for St. John.  I’m sad not to be going further but ever so grateful that we’ve had the opportunity and time to be able to make it down here to a place I definitely love – the Virgin Islands…
     We went by Azaya, then went out to the breakwater and sat on the rocks to watch the sun set. It was lovely and of course I didn’t have my camera. From there we walked over to the Bath & Turtle for chats and dinner – good chicken wraps! I’m listening to the band play island music as I write this, tapping my foot to the beat of the steel drums. I enjoyed being able to share our last dinner here with Axel. It was hard to say good night as we headed for our boat and he headed for his. I feel bad about leaving here tomorrow. It almost feels like we’re leaving Azaya as the work gets started in earnest. It’s like we should be helping and then heading further south with them to meet up with Pam & Glen (Blue Pearl) etal to continue our travels… If I think about it, they’ve been involved in our travels for the last 4 seasons or so… they’ve become a part of our life and whether they know it or not… they will be missed.  It’s time for me to get lost in the island music for a bit and out of my thoughts. Tomorrow will be here soon enough!  Not thinking about it right now.
Sunset from the marina Bath & Turtle Rendezvous outdoor bar/restaurant

No comments:

Post a Comment