Saturday, January 11, 2014

Grilled cheese sandwiches go with rodents after all...



We topped off the water tanks and then took a walk down the beach to Coco Maya and Fisher’s Cove. While there were no interesting shells or sea beans along my stroll, I did pick up sea glass along the way. The sun was hot and I was definitely working up a sweat as I got back to Wayne. He was sitting in the shade on a chaise enjoying the ocean view of boats sailing through Drakes Channel.  I was craving grilled cheese sandwiches so got some cheese from the store and salads and we had grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch and chef salads for dinner.  We were going to see if Axel wanted to join us but didn’t see him until later when we found out he’d gotten some rat traps from someone and had set them up. I guess last night he had quite a bit of scurrying overhead and they’ve eaten some of the insulation from the refrigerator as well as munching on their woodwork too… I can’t believe the amount of damage these critters can do when they move in!

No comments:

Post a Comment