Sunday, December 23, 2012

Our first visitor from home and Morgan Freeman's lovely boat



Sunday, December 23, 2012
I haven’t been able to get onto the internet today. Al said they had no problem this morning but had a problem last night when we were on. Ah well… We waved them off as they headed north over to Leverick Bay. 

Wayne hosed down the deck and filled the water tank. I visited the grocery store for juice and cereal and I guess I missed Morgan Freeman as he pulled in. Wayne noticed his lady friend before him as she was up and down the dock then Morgan joined her and they disappeared somewhere. I took the opportunity to try and snap a picture of his boat. It’s definitely pretty. Next – dump off trash and get some fuel. 
Shade and Privacy on Morgan Freeman's Boat
I wandered to the restaurant to see if I could get internet there to pay bills. Guess I’d better go back so I can make sure the directions I gave to Steph about catching the ferry here is correct.  Talked to the marina and they called Speedy’s for me. There’s a shuttle that will take her from the airport to the ferry landing where there’s a bench for her to wait at to catch the ferry.  She’s in for a long day yeow.

Got a text from Steph from P.R. and she thought she was going to miss her flight. She ended up having to check her bag because of the adhesive for the port gaskets. We hadn’t even thought of that. It’s a liquid and over 3 ounces. We texted back and forth and Cape Air held up their flight so she could make the flight over to Beef Island. Whew… She called a couple of times but my phone never rang. Then we texted and talked briefly. She was at Beef Island sitting on the bench waiting for the ferry. We walked over to the ferry dock on Virgin Gorda to meet her. The waves and surge were breaking over the reef and some of the fish here that hang out by the dock are huge! Wayne watched a water bird at the water’s edge and I went out to the end of the dock. So I was standing under a bright light on the dock on Virgin Gorda and she was sitting under a bright light on Tortola… I watched a freighter coming into the landing and Speedy’s ferry was right behind it. That was the one she was on. We were texting each other as she came into view on the ferry.  Do I catch a taxi? Yep taxi is here now… we waved at her as I finished my text to her.

She made it but her carry-on did not. We’ll have to pick it up tomorrow at the ferry dock when it comes in. It is just sooooo good to have her here with us.  Midnight o clock approaches. Good night…

No comments:

Post a Comment