Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 Peck Lake, FL


Still hanging out here today for one more day.

I made some bread dough and put it in the oven to rise, then played on the computer, while Wayne went through statements and paperwork and then tightened the Grill to the railing. I feel restless and agitated. Once again, I didn’t get much sleep last night.
I grabbed my camera then we dinghied to shore. We took a long walk along the Atlantic shore and scoured the sands looking for interesting little shells. I found another crab that thought he was invisible to me in the high tide zone and had to show him that he wasn’t so invisible. I was surprised that one of the seabirds hadn’t scooped it up for a tasty meal. I had to take another picture of him using Wayne as scale. It was a fearless little guy - I'll give em that!

I was even more surprised when I saw how far we’d walked in the sand. It makes sense that my ankles ache. I’m not used to walking so far in the sand.

Back at the boat I put together a marinade for chicken thighs that consisted of Roses lime, garlic, honey peanut butter, olive oil and a dash of hot sauce. It was a winner! We had grilled chicken thighs, coleslaw, bananas and oranges for dinner with freshly baked bread & Danish butter. Dinner doesn’t get much better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment