Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday, January 10, 2010


Okay, we’re talking serious cold now. I’ve got the alcohol burners going and the oil lamp for warmth this morning. Wayne went topside to fill the generator so we can crank up the little electric heater we bought earlier in the trip and when he came back down told me we had ice topside. Our breath just hangs in the air and the condensation that drips from the portals could possibly add to our water supply. Ice water. I’ve been craving ice but not this way. LOL This winter storm warning was and is the pits! Brrrrrrr…. Time for some oatmeal with raisins, cinnamon and brown sugar. That should warm up our insides!

I spent the morning loading pictures onto my computer and working on computer stuff. I heard from a couple we'd met in Georgian Bay - Ron and Annette from Mindora! He'll be in Ft Lauderdale in February. We'll probably just miss them at this rate LOL (the cold). It was good hearing from them :) Wayne is working on Suduko and reading. The generator ran the little electric heater just fine so we were nicely warmed up for a dinghy ride to shore. Around 1:00pm we ventured out to get our other package and it actually didn’t feel as bad. I think it was in the upper 40s outside and our cabin had reached the 60s with the little space heater.

We ran into Marge and Dave in the marina lounge. They decided to stay put instead of heading out today. I don’t blame them at all. She mentioned that they might be here until next weekend with this cold (plus there’s an art show this next weekend too) so I’ll get a chance to give her the bread recipes that we’d talked about along with the starter for the bread. If this cold snap doesn't let up soon, I think we'll all be staying here!

Back at the boat we opened our other package. It wasn’t mail at all! What timing! Thanks Mehall family :) now we can find out how cold we really are! We have an indoor/outdoor weather station for the boat LOL. Do I really want to know though? Tonight is supposed to be colder than last night. It’s going to be a bitter night. We put the outdoor station under the dodger and radar screen. So we’ll see!

I decided to try and make some bread. Don’t know how well it will rise in this cold but I’ll give it the ol’ college try and we’ll see if I can get it to rise over night. Making country ribs, broccoli and baked beans for dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment