Saturday, January 9, 2010

Saturday, January 09, 2010 Vero Beach Fl


Criminie… It’s cold. We’re staying hunkered down in the boat. We can continually see our breath and the heater decided to bite the dust. brrrrrrr... The freeze warnings in the area are quite large spread. When we went out this morning to check the mail, it felt like we were back home. Temperatures were in the lower 30s & upper 20s with wind chills in the lower 20s. It was downright painful sitting in the wind and getting water sprayed! Poor Wayne was shaking like a leaf by the time we got to the dinghy dock, and my face and hands were stinging with the cold! We did get a box of mail though so that made the trip worth it! On opening it up, Laura said there were two boxes – oops. We’ll grab it next trip – it’s tooooo cold to go back out, especially with no heat on the boat.

I made a breakfast of hash browns, sausage, eggs and biscuits. This was more to warm the boat and us up than anything. Then we sorted through our mail. I loved getting all the Christmas cards :0) and wish I could have sent some out. It’s kind of funny because after Christmas our grandson Blade had a birthday and I discovered that I’d stored Holly & Bill’s address online. Soooo I actually have 3 addresses plus all the ones from those that sent us cards this year . I’ll have to write them down and store them in the nav-station (desk)!

I loved the pictures of Zack & Sophie (grand kids). I’m amazed at how quickly the little munchkins change! Wish I could hug them! Sending a virtual hug! After reading through the mail, we pretty much hunkered down and tried to stay warm. I’d started making bread (fed my yeast culture) but in this cold, I don’t think I’m going to get many happy yeast cultures and I really don’t think my dough will rise if I make any. It may have to wait…

Time to pull on some more clothes and snuggle up under the covers with a book. Lets see how many condensation drips we can survive from the portals LOL.


No comments:

Post a Comment