Friday, January 1, 2010

01/01/10New Beginnings, New Decade

Friday, January 01, 2010
Vero Beach, Fl


What old people we are (laughing). We enjoyed a quiet evening on the boat, with salad, hard crust rolls and butter, a glass of wine for Wayne and Green tea for me. Clink of drinks coming together – Happy New Years! I dozed off around 10:30pm with the thought that I couldn’t see the moon through the hatch over our bed. The clouds were quite extensive. I woke up again at quarter to midnight and opened my eyes to a beautiful halo moon surrounded with clouds. This made me get back out of bed to say goodbye to the ebbing moments of the old year, the old decade, and hello to the Blue Moon, the New Year and the new decade. With camera in hand we went topside to a quiet night with a hazy moon peeking out at us to say hello and goodbye as it slipped behind the clouds again. The timing was perfect. In the distance we could hear firecrackers and fireworks. A couple of the boats around us had called out Happy New Years, and we could hear Auld Lang Syne being sung down the way at the Riverside CafĂ©. After that we returned to the comfort of our bed in each other’s arms, looking forward to sharing another decade with each other.

I slept in this morning until 7:30 and then made some coffee. We sat around lazily enjoying the coffee until my stomach started saying, “feed me, feed me”. So I whipped up a breakfast of flaky biscuits, scrambled eggs, sausage, and hickory hash browns with onions and green peppers and orange juice. Hey if at all possible, start the New Year on a good note with a good breakfast. Right? Right.

It rained on and off most of the day. Wayne checked on the electrical panel to see if the connections were solid for our running lights before taking the lights apart to start replacing the bulbs. I worked on the computer backing up my files and pictures. It’s amazing how many pictures I seem to take.

We had just finished our dinner, steaks, salad, and hard crust rolls, when we heard someone calling from outside our boat. We now have mooring mates for the night with a 40 ft catamaran heading back north to Charleston. They have to return to work on Monday and braved the rain and 40-knot winds that were gusting out there today. I was surprised at how cold it’s gotten out. Brrrr… We got them pulled along side and tied up and they greeted us with a Happy New Year bottle of wine.

On that note, I think I’ll stop. Here’s to a hopeful, and happy New Years and a new decade full of possibilities and dreams. Now. Go make them happen – go live life with much love to everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment