Thursday, December 31, 2009

12/31/09 The end of a decade happens once in a Blue Moon...

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Vero Beach, Fl

It really feels like Florida now. I was kicking the covers off most of the night then hiding under the covers the rest of the time from the “no seeums”. It’s nice to have the port windows open again. Now if I could just stop itching. I have so many bug bites my arms look like I have the measles.

After coffee we gathered up the garbage to haul to the dumpster, then hit the showers. Mmmmmm…. Hot water and clean hair! Does it get any better than that? It’s kind of funny how some things you take for granted at home can seem like luxuries when you’re removed from them. For instance - hot showers and not having to worry if you have enough fresh water. Clean hair! Next up - A trip into town on the bus to get groceries at the Publix and a CUBAN sandwich!!!! On the bus ride we had a discussion on home schooling versus public schooling. I questioned two parents on how they handled this with their seventh graders. While it seemed a bit confusing to me with all the standards that the kids need to meet, these kids seem to come out ahead of the game. We had an interesting discussion that ended to soon as we all started getting off at our various stops.

Back to the boat to unload the food, beer, and pop for then next few days. Then to settle in with a good sandwich! Yum. I’ve been craving one of those sandwiches (gobs of ham & cheese on Cuban bread) & they still have them at the Publix Deli, which is quite an extensive deli.



It’s hard to believe that it’s the end of another decade. We’re ushering out this decade with a Blue Moon (two full moons in one month) and it was brought to my attention from a past favorite student (thank you Charles) that the next full moon that we’ll have on a New Years will not be until 2028. So hopefully, everyone will get a view of this one tonight? As the sun sets on the end of the year tonight – it’s getting clloudy. I’m hoping I’ll get a chance to view it.

The beginning of this decade and actually the new millennium found Wayne and I in Hong Kong. We stood among the masses of people that clogged the streets to ring in the New Year. To ring in a new tentative dream of beginning to travel again. I actually began to think about looking at boats. Tonight, at the end of this decade, at the start of a new decade, we find ourselves sitting on our own boat, heading south, down to the Bahamas. I’m not sure where life is leading us? We all eventually come to the same end. I only know that we’re living it. One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment