Sunday, December 2, 2012

Time again...

Well from the last time I made an entry (March 12, 2012) until now, we traveled from Thompson Bay, around Long Island, to Mayaguana. From there we went to West Caicos, then Provo. From Provo we continued on to Sand Cay in the Turks, then to Luperon in the Dominican Republic. A lot happened at each place and we did a lot of easting against the trade winds to cross the Mona Passage to Puerto Rico. We lost some traveling companions but gained new ones. We spent some time in Puerto Rico waiting out weather, and trying to figure out our boat problems, all while trying to get home.  Seemed like the more I felt like I needed to get home, the worse the problems and weather became.  Can you say season from Hell? Yes. If this would have been our first season out, it would have been my last. I was supposed to be home mid-April to start teaching a class. Then there were family problems, a death in the family, that I needed to be home for.  We finally made it home June 1st. Are we going out again? Well we’re heading back to where we jumped ship to get home - Virgin Gorda. So while I may fill in some of the trauma’s we had between March 12th and now, but never wrote about, I think it’s time to pick up the slack again and see if I can continue afresh with a current journal.  There’s a lot of detail from last season that it is written by hand but didn’t make the transition to print. Sooooo if anyone is following I’ll try and play catch up but current will take precedence. Time to head back and see how our little hummingbird handled the summer hurricane season.

Yes, I've missed my little boat...

No comments:

Post a Comment