Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 LEAP DAY! Black Point, Great Guana Cay

Happy Leap Day! It’s our extra day in February! So March is delayed by one day.

The winds picked up last night and our wind generator was consistently spinning quite fast. Listening to it, I figured we had 20 knot winds. When people came on the radio this morning, it was confirmed. It sounds like March is going to come in like a lion this year. Wave after wave of cold fronts seem to be forming and coming down from the states. I’m going to see if I can head over to Black Point today while Wayne works on the SSB. Maybe I can catch up on my email and find out some information on places in the Virgins. It sounds like Blue Pearl is going to hang out in the Spanish Virgins until the end of April. If that’s the case, I’m hoping we get to meet up with them again!

I hitched a ride a little before noon ashore with Azaya to post to the blog, catch up on email, check out a few places in the Virgin’s and download weather. Mary and Axel wanted to take a walk out to the white cliffs of Dotham Cut so we split up and I headed for Scorpio’s but it wasn’t open so went over to Lorraines. Her new hairdo was catchy with a streak of white/blond running around the back in a bob style cut. After sitting in the café awhile I asked her for some change so I could put $5 in her computer/electric fund can. She was pretty much out of everything while waiting for the supply boat to come it. I wanted ice tea but all she had was a couple of regular Cokes, a few Kalicks and a bunch of Bud Light. Oh well. As far as food, I didn’t really want conch and couldn’t stomach the thought of another sausage burger so other than the internet and conversation, I needed to donate to the cause.

A little after 3pm I headed towards the docks again and ran into Mary and Axel so we headed over to Scorpios and had sodas and a Kalick. Their walk was a long one and an icy cold soda/beer was a wonderful thing!

When we got back to the boats, Wayne had finished hooking up the SSB and couldn’t seem to get the power button to work. Once he hooked it to the batteries, it wouldn’t turn off. We couldn’t seem to pull anyone in and there was a consistent humming. I fiddled with it for quite a while before giving up. We were so hoping it would work!

Dinner consisted of potato salad and sausage (that made me think of Klaus since he loves sausage LOL) and I don’t think either of us realized how hungry we were until we started eating. It was gooooooood. Tomorrow we’re thinking of moving on down the line after listening to Chris Parker. There’s supposed to be a weather window (actually today would have worked) Sunday. We’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment