Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Warderick Wells, Exuma Park

Tuesday, January 18, 2011


We had some showers last night – good ones with a heavy downpour. If I hadn’t had a shower in the cockpit yesterday, I’d have been up on deck with the soap and shampoo - cleaning up under a halo-waxing gibbous moon as it kept peaking in and out of the misty, fast moving clouds! It was nice to get up this morning to a desalted boat and look about at all the beautiful shades of white sand and rainbow pallets of blue and turquoise water.

When you look over the side of the boat, you can see the bottom like it’s inches deep instead of 10 feet. The sand and plants at the bottom look so close that you could almost picture swirling the sand ripples with your hand if you just touched the water. It was a beautiful day just to look around. What a feast for the eyes AND food for the soul to see this beautiful place again. You just want to inhale the colors and absorb them into your memory by all sensory perception.

Unfortunately today was not a good computer day. For some strange reason my computer would not let me log on again? I remember this happening one other time. It wouldn’t accept my password. It wouldn’t accept Wayne’s password. It was frustrating. I turned it on and off several times before it would let me have access. Anyone know what the problem is???

After enjoying the morning, then having my computer trauma, we decided it was time to check in at the office. We ran into Aurora there. They were off exploring the island and putting their name up on Booboo Hill. I guess our name, on the bone, had been sandblasted away, but the 2009 and 2010 were still visible. 

I had forgotten to bring my sugar with me to the office but it turned out that it was just as well since they no longer allow you to feed the bananaquits. I guess they’ve had a problem with people feeding the iguanas, sharks, and Hutia so are no longer allowing any feeding. I can understand it, but will miss feeding the little guys. I love it when they land on your hand – such gentle and trusting little birds. It’s not good for them though so I do understand. We renewed our membership, dropped off our books and picked up an Internet access then dinghied over to Azaya’s to see how they were doing and if Axel figured out why their engine kept surging. It’s very disconcerting to have that happen and could be dangerous, considering the conditions at the time it happens. I hope they’re able to figure it out – it worries me. Neither Wayne nor Axel have been able to figure it out yet.

Back at the boat I couldn’t get the Internet to work, so had Wayne dinghy me up to the office after we had cheese and tomato sandwiches for lunch. I wasted another 2 hours and half my access allotment of 100 mb trying to check email and update my blog. I wasn’t having a lot of luck and couldn’t respond to Pam & Glen’s email to tell them we’re a week away from Georgetown. I so would love to go to Long Island with them and Azaya – then I could have a first with them, like they had with their crossing and us last year. I kept trying to send an email and couldn’t seem to do it. Frustrating. Azaya was able to get a message off for me and then later I did manage to shoot off a quick email to Blue Pearl,ary, Elaine and the girls. I was only able to update the blog to the 10th of the month though and without pictures. So I’m still 8 days behind in my postings. But the connection is not to good. I’ll see if I can use the rest of my allotted bytes and 24 hours in the morning. We’ll see how far I get. For now I need to put together a chicken salad for sundowners on Aurora.

No comments:

Post a Comment