Saturday, January 1, 2011

A time of 1111111 :)

January 1, 2011
At midnight, I was laying in the V-berth, dozing lightly, when I heard the fireworks and a large volley of Happy New Years!!!! I had to smile to myself. I nudged Wayne and said its New Years hun, Happy New years! I got a grruhhh, okay, as he dozed back off. This year I didn’t feel like getting up and into the cockpit so, followed Wayne back into slumber land thinking about 1.1.11 at 1:11am It’s going to be a year of ones…

I decided that after salad last night, I deserved eggs and bagels this morning so that with oranges rounded out my breakfast. After checking with NOAA, Passage Weather and the weather page it looks like it’s still a go for tomorrow night so the agenda for today is laundry, showers, stowing stuff for passage and going over weather forecasts, charts and all the odd last minutes stuff. Wayne finished tailoring the lazy jacks, putting things away on deck, etc…

We stopped by the pizza place for some pizza after eyeing Mary & Axel’s pizzas on their walk back from the park. Wow, large slices and packed with toppings! It was tasty too.

After going over the charts, tides, weather and times for tomorrow it looks like we’re finally Bahamas bound! It looks like it will take anywhere between 15-16 hours for this crossing. The winds will be low, the seas are supposed to be low. It will be a motor sail across the Gulf Stream to Grand Bahamas Island. I can feel the excitement building and the adrenaline kicking in. I’m not a fan of night crossings, but I’m definitely ready for the next chapter in the New Year!  Happy 1/1/11 but later than 1:11.11am... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment