Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Daybreak!
Can you see me smiling?

Sitting here, sipping coffee and watching the sunrise.

It’s funny how I don’t mind getting up in the dark to watch the sunrise - So much different than at home when I had to get up each morning at 5am to get ready to go to school. 6am is sooo much better when I can sit outside and watch the sun come up. In all truth, I actually used to love driving into school though - for the same reason. I could watch the sun come up while driving to work; or once I was at work in my classroom depending on the time of year, I could watch the sun rise over the roof of the school. I much prefer sitting here in the cockpit though where it’s warmer, prettier and less stressful. I have to wonder what it was that made us wait so long to do this. It’s almost like an endless summer, where we follow the sun north and south. I wonder where my geese are right now…

I made breakfast bagels this morning – eggs, bacon, cream cheese and we had those with orange juice for breakfast. Then I settled in to read some recipes & Special Bird came by to say hi and chat a bit and Joe came by with some cookies that Tammy made. He radioed and asked if we’d ordered carryout? Noooo I don’t think so? Yep – I guess we did (laughing). He brought the most delicious cookies over in a Chinese carry-out carton. They were still warm mmmmmm…. He said Tammy likes to share the calories and I’m glad she does! I don’t think that there’s anything she makes that doesn’t taste good, from her pumpkin Ice-cream pie to her habenaro pepper jelly! She’s making dinner tonight and says she has it all covered, I don’t need to bring anything. But! I do need to! There’s a bottle of wine we need to share!

After gorging ourselves on her delicious cookies, Wayne and I dinghied over to Hamburger Beach to clean up. I needed to give Wayne a haircut, so we went over to the large shade tree with the tire/stick swing and picnic table at the beach. After I cut his hair, he gave me a trim, then it was time for saltwater baths and a fresh water rinse after swimming a bit.
Back at the boat, we read a bit, then headed over to Tamarah for dinner with our shared prize of wine. She made a wonderful dinner of chicken carbonara with Amish green beans and we cracked open the bottle of wine (Coastline Paso Robles 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon) and capped the dinner with more of her wonderful cookies! I loved catching up with them and the conversation made the evening seem to fly! They’re heading to Long Island tomorrow, and hopefully we can meet up with them for the Super bowl over on Long Island. If not, hopefully we’ll catch up with them on the trek back north. They showed us a picture of the place they built in Little Harbor in the Abacos. What a charming place! This is the second time this trip that I’ve heard of someone buying land and building a house in the Bahamas!
With stuffed tummies, cookie dough and feeling quite mellow, we headed back to the boat. Good thing they’re next to our boat or I’d have never found the way home (kidding but it wouldn’t be the first time we got lost in the dark returning from someone’s boat). I wish they weren’t heading out so soon - but do hope we can run into them when we head to Long Island, or once we head back to the Abacos. Maybe we’ll see them sitting on their porch in Little Harbor! But theoretically we should see them first at the Long Island Breeze for the Super bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment