Thursday, December 30, 2010

Almost the end of another year!


Our jaunt into town found me “needleless” still. I still need to replace our heavy-duty sail repair needle, but I’d say there aren’t many places that carry them at the shopping center. We did get some carburetor cleaner and a few items in town and I got to go into Blue Water Books. Wow – what an incredible bookstore with all things nautical! I loved it! I could get lost dreaming in all the charts and books they have. This is the place to get charts if you need them.

Once back at the boat Wayne worked on the dingy engine and the generator. Both appear to be working now, unfortunately with nothing but bad gas probably still in them (I guess “stabile” doesn’t work to good over the hot summers in Florida) we’ll probably need to keep the cleaners close at hand. It’s nice to be able to hear the generator running. It’s been windless today in the anchorage – at least for us. I’m not sure why but our wind generator doesn’t seem to spin like the other Kiss generators in the anchorage do. So we now have recharged batteries again as our little Honda putters away!

Cuban sandwiches for dinner tonight in the cockpit as we watch the sun set. It’s nice to be able to sit up top without freezing tonight. Those Arctic blasts just aren’t supposed to come down to south Florida!

No comments:

Post a Comment