Monday, November 22, 2010

Today was a workday. I scraped the hull again after finding areas that I’d missed the first time. Then painted all the areas that were bare or had been scraped off. After looking at the bowsprit, Wayne decided that fiber glassing it wouldn’t work. We need it fixed. After 3 different calls we pretty much hadn’t heard from anyone until after 5pm. Wayne started waxing the hull while waiting for someone to get back to him. We’d contacted Riverside Marina and were told to send pictures, so I’d taken some pictures and emailed them.
We were told that someone would look at them in a couple days and get back to us to let us know if they could do it or not. These were the people I'd originally emailed earlier and had posted pictures on the blog for them to look at. I'd be surprised if we ever heard back from them.... Another guy finally showed up a little after 5pm and was talking to us and looking at the bowsprit when Eric showed up (from the boatyard). The one guy didn’t seem to know about how to do it and admitted that he’d never done one before. I think Eric kind of scared him off too telling him that they’d need to see the insurance papers, etc… and charge 15% for anyone working in the yard. I’d actually thought that Eric had forgotten about us but after chatting with him, I did understand. I think that everybody has a claim on his time and with it being the busy season, he’s spread pretty thin. He said he’d be by in the morning, so we’ll see.

We finally made it down to the Thanksgiving kick-off bash near the office. They’re having a tropical night party with free eats (tropical food) and beer. We made it down around 6pm and met the couple from Manistique MI – Joe and Tammy. We had BBQ chicken, black beans & rice, fried plantains, slaw and jello/marshmellow salad (got there to late for the ribs). It was a nice time. Tammy talked me into doing the limbo with her so we kicked off the limbo line, then a conga line and I was done for after doing an island version of the hokie-pokie. It was great fun. I found out that Joe & Tammy trailer their boat from Michigan. Wow.
Tammi & Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment