Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Oops, I forgot! Again...


Well, once again I forgot our anniversary. But once Wayne said "Happy Anniversary", I remembered LOL. I was going to start painting the bottom this morning & then we ran into Eric who said it’d be better to wait until after the polishing and bowsprit work. It looks like we’ll be here until 12/3/10. Instead of repairing the sprit, we’re going to have to replace it. So I took a lot of pictures so we know how to put it back together and Wayne’s been disassembling the anchor rollers, etc, from it. This change of plan took me to the laundry line to do a load of laundry… both machines were full at the boat work yard area but I did manage to get behind one other person at the marina one.

Wayne worked on taking the forestay off, bobstay, whiskerstays, and anchor rollers after talking to Eric and the woodworker (never got his name) with the broken arm. The woodworker is supposed to get back to us with a quote for several types of wood – teak, mahogany, spruce or white oak. The rest of my day was spent trying to organize the V-berth until 4pm then we hit the showers and went to see if we could see Elvis (I named the alligator after Dave Lowry’s alligator) then moseyed over to Joe & Tam’s boat to see where they were & if they were going to the dinner/karaoke (they were).

It was free beer, hamburgers & hotdogs night, with hula hoops and karaoke. Steve was the grill master, and there were quite a few more people there tonight than last night. We missed Joe’s great performance (he sang after we left).

No comments:

Post a Comment