Friday, November 19, 2010

In the Work Yard 2 - Not all butterflies match...

Took the lifelines in first thing this morning, and we brought home our new ones. Can you say “look at Pat dance”! Pearl is having their main sail replaced here. They’re supposed to have it and a Mack Pack (sail cover/lazy jack configuration) installed when they get to Stuart. I was watching them make someone’s sail while waiting for the lifelines. I’d love to try my hand at working in one of these places, just to learn the craft!

After getting back to the boat, dropping off Pearl’s beer for the work yard crew, and stashing more supplies aboard Kolibrie, I found the butterfly hatch cover I’d made over the summer and decided it was time to see if it fits and put the snaps on while Wayne put the lifelines back on the boat. Oh, oh… and wrecking, frecking, smecker! Somehow it looks like it’s about an inch and a half to short in length. No matter how I stretched it I couldn’t get it over the other side. Can’t say as I understand it considering I took the old one apart and used it as a template. This was not the year to leave the sewing machine at home. Wrecking, frecking, smecker!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment