Monday, November 15, 2010

Back to Kolibrie again :)

The trip from Daytona was uneventful. Temperatures in the lower to mid 80s and by the time we got to the boat it leveled out at 85. We drove right up to Kolibrie and did a quick once around to see how she looked and she looked okay (happy dance) so we walked over to the work yard to see if Blue Pearl was still there. They were – Pam was working on varnishing the rub rails and Glen was just returning from picking up a mail package. We chatted with them for a bit then let them get back to work and headed over to the office to see what the prognosis was for getting over to the boatyard (it looked busy but Glen thought 3 boats were going in the water tomorrow). We were told that we should have called a week or so earlier to be put on the list so we’d probably have to wait until next week because they were pretty booked up all month. Hmmm… we’ve never encountered this problem before. This could turn into an interesting stay. Eric (the boatyard manager) came by when he finished lunch to also let us know that they were pretty swamped and it might be a while. We’re not allowed to work on the boat where it sits so the bowsprit and bottom paint, waxing and varnish will have to wait. We may be able to get some of the inside stuff done, stowage, water pump, electrical, etc., so some of the stuff we were going to do at Vero we may just do here. There’s no real reason to go or provision at Vero other than we like it there so we may just make use of our time here for the odd stuff.
We started lugging some of the stuff aboard, and then decided we should make the bed before it got dark (no power, no lights). After that I unpacked my clothes. I guess I’m officially moved in if my “stuff” is onboard! Then we headed over to Burger King for a bite and to see if I could get the wireless working at the marina. I couldn’t so we came back to the boat and I plugged in my broadband, it worked, checked Facebook, email and I’m typing away in the dark while Wayne sleeps. Since my battery is half gone, think I’ll retire for the night. Hello Kolibrie – I’ve missed you but not all the work that waits in the heat… It’s good to be back though.

No comments:

Post a Comment