Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday, March 01, 2010 Warderick Wells


Warderick Wells, Exuma Park North Anchorage
24*23.814 076*37.943

There was a definite cool breeze wafting through the boat this morning. After a couple cups of hot coffee I decided it was an oatmeal type morning so made some with vanilla, cinnamon, brown sugar and raisins. Then separated the bread dough into 3 loaves to rise during the day, got my recipe, bread starter, spare bread pan and thumb drive with pictures to take over to Azaya and left Wayne on Kolibrie to change the oil and filters.

Axel showed me the program that Scott brought over and it’s awesome. It has charts for the global system. We loaded my pictures for Azaya onto Mary’s computer and uploaded pictures they took of us back onto my thumb drive. This morning the bananaquits were visiting Mary and eating out of her hand. I love those little birds. They’re so little, but fearless.

I came back to the boat & made lunch. After lunch, Mary & Axel came by to see if we wanted to go kayaking. Wayne wanted to stay on board and work on some Sudoko puzzles but I decided that I’d try my hand at kayaking. I must say that I was a bit apprehensive but Axel & Mary both assured me there was nothing to it and the kayak wouldn’t tip. They were right! They were also patient with me and I really enjoyed the lesson in the big ocean going kayak (an Aire) and in the little one that the park let’s you use. We circumnavigated the anchorage basin, and then I tried the little green kayak. Axel warned me I’d get wet, it’s a wet kayak, and he was right. The minute I sat in it my skort got soaked and it looked like I peed all over the backside! It was a cold shock to the tush. It’s a good upper body exercise and a terrific way to snug up to the coral. I like how you’re close to the water and how close to the bottom you can actually be and still be paddling along. We stopped over at Turn About beach and went by the Ranger’s headquarters where there were some pretty fan corals and a parrot fish by one of the smaller reefs. We drifter over the reefs looking down at the fans and corals. I had an excellent time and think that I’d really like a kayak! Easier to get around in than the dinghy with a motor. I could definitely see where it’d be a plus to have one.

After they dropped me back by the boat, I made dinner (a turkey and noodle concoction with green beans) and put my bread in to bake. Fresh bread and warmth in the cabin too! Teatime now and a little reading before bed. The sunset tonight was spectacular. It looked like the sky was aflame in deep red tones that my camera just can’t seem to capture - Another feast of colors for my eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment