Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunday, February 28, 2010 Warderick Wells


Warderick Wells, Exuma Park North Anchorage
24*23.814 076*37.943

Had cereal this morning – first time in a long time & I enjoyed it. After breakfast I decided we were running low on bread so fed the bread starter to make some bread. After that it was time to jump onto the computer to check email and do some more hunting online for boat storage before my time on the Internet expired! It looked like I had about an hour and a half left so I used that up. Then sorted through pictures for Azaya and Blue Pearl and worked on my journal for a while. I’ve been a slacker at times this year keeping up with it.

After the computer work I decided that with the next front coming through I should see about getting the Spartite back down into the mast collar. It keeps coming up, so I keep hammering it down. We can see now why they say to drill screws into the collar and Spartite to keep the wedge in place! After I hammered it back into the collar, Wayne got out the drill and put 2 screws into the collar and Spartite to keep it from levitating back out. Hopefully this will now take care of our leaky mast problem.
It’s windy and cool out today and when Azaya came by wanting to know if we wanted to go hike over to Butterfly Beach in the afternoon, it sounded like a good idea. Today was a terrific day for a hike without sweating! I couldn’t believe the size of some of the solution holes that we hiked around and next to. There’d be no way that you’d be able to take those kinds of trails back home. The warning and danger signs would have to be posted and the insurance would be to high to allow such trails to exist!
Some of the holes were quite amazing in size and depth. You could fall in one and never get back out. Spelunkers would probably love some of them.
We went first to Barefoot Beach and then made it over to Butterfly just before sunset. I wasn’t relishing the climb and path back through the holey terrain in near darkness. Axel went back for the dinghy and Mary, Wayne and I sat chatting, and waiting on the beach for him to return. It was a pretty sunset and after pictures we headed back for the boats.
I made macaroni & cheese with hotdogs for dinner. I’ve got to tell you, I still don’t like the real stuff. I’ll take the Kraft box stuff anytime over the gloopy home made stuff but we make do with what we have and I don’t have the boxed stuff. After dinner, I put together the bread dough to rise overnight then did the dishes.

Time for some reading. There is one fabulous full moon out tonight. Big. Yellow. It keeps winking in and out of the dark clouds giving it a spooky Halloween feeling. A killing moon… I can see I’ll have to get another Internet Connection soon to find out when we have to be back in Michigan. Landlords and Lawyers – hip, hip, hooray… The last day of February with more vicious weather coming this week. Out like a lion and in like a… lion???

No comments:

Post a Comment