Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sunday, February 21, 2010 Allen’s Cay


Sunny, 70s and winds ESE 10.

After coffee I made breakfast (scrambled eggs, hash browns & sausage) and settled in at the chart plotter to check our course from here to Normans, then from Normans to Warderwick Wells.

Wayne worked on the pump to the head. I worked on staying out of his way while he removed the old pump, put in the new one and cleaned up. Yuk. I grabbed one of the conch shells that we’d found yesterday and went topside to start sawing of the spiral point. Wayne finished the head before I finished sawing the spiral off the shell! I was amazed at how tough the shell was but managed to make a horn out if it as long as I hold my finger over the third spiral hole that was used to dislodge the conch from the shell. I couldn’t get it to blow right then managed a few small toots from it. Glad nobody was listening? Azaya was off their boat working on their dinghy & Kayak.

After that it was definitely bath time! Wayne & I dinghied over to Allen’s with our shampoo and soap and jumped into the water. We brought Joy Dish soap for Wayne – it’s supposed to suds in saltwater but it didn’t suds up too good. Wayne has good oils! We found that Head & Shoulders seems to suds up better for Joy (for bath purposes). It feels good to have clean hair again. I’d brought a liter bottle of fresh water to rinse off with so our hair feels soft again :)

Next chore was to burn our flammables so we collected all our smelly burnables (most from working on the head) and headed over to Allens with Azaya to have drinks and a fire before heading over to the Pirate Party. Cavu thought it’d be a great idea to throw a Pirate Party for the kids on the boats so I’d brought a baggie of penny candy for the kids (hey someone has to bring treasure). It was wonderful as we pulled up going Arghhh Maties! A little girl came up to our boats (Azayas kayak & our dinghy). She’d been digging in the sand looking for treasure. Mary asked “did you find the treasure yet?” “nooo.” I said “Arggh matey! I found some!” ohhhh can I see? Aye matey! I whipped out the baggie of candy and her eyes got huge! Ohhh, she squealed, can I show my mom? Mary told her we dug it up on the other beach next to the iguana beach. I gave her the bag and she went racing over to where her mom was talking to Cavu! Mom! Mom! Buried treasure! Look! Buried treasure! It was a blast watching her. She was so excited! After tasting some of Cavu’s conch salad and mango chutney and chatting with some of the boaters we headed back to the boat in twilight.

I made salmon and salad for dinner and put together my bread dough to rise over night. Now a little reading before lights out.

No comments:

Post a Comment