Saturday, February 27, 2010

Monday, February 22, 2010 Allen’s Cay, The Exumas


Rollllly night last night…twice I thought I was going to be rolled out of bed. Then I heard something go rolling off the counter and had to retrieve a pan that I’d left out to dry that had ended up from the counter in the galley to the quarter berth.

We hung out on the boat today trying to figure out where to re-anchor with the winds that are supposed to come in tonight. We ended up re-anchoring towards the north part of the anchorage near where we’d anchored last year. Hopefully it won’t be as rolly as last night. The winds are supposed to be from the S.W. and stronger tonight but I think we have a good anchor set here. Wayne made sure to hit a sandy patch for the anchor (there are a lot of rocky spots here too). We called Exumas Park to see if we could get in to the North Mooring field tomorrow & they had no record of my member status. Yikes. I asked if I was talking to Judy and I’m not sure what happened but it looks like Judy is no longer there. Darcy took our two boat names (Azaya and Kolibrie) to put us on a waiting list for tomorrow & we’ll see what happens. Members are supposed to get priority status but with the weather, I don’t think there’ll be a lot of movement. The fronts just keep coming in. It seems like every three days or so, the next front is moving in. What a year for weather. I don’t remember it being like this in the Bahamas last year and the weather in Florida this year was freaky too. Ice on the ICW and freezing temperatures that killed many fish species.

I made 3 loaves of bread and gave one to Azaya. It must be a baking kind of day. Mary made brownies and brought some by in the Kayak as they were heading over to the island. Seemed like a good swap to me LOL! I have three routes plotted into the GPS depending on the weather and whether we get reservations at Warderick Wells or not. The first one to Norman’s Cay – home of the $14 burgers and $6 dollar beers; the second one to Shroud Cay – home of the mangroves that reside in the middle of the island; and the third one to Warderick Wells – if – we are able to get into the moorings there.

It’s a pretty sunset tonight. I love how the various shades of turquoise water manage to stay turquoise, even in the fading light. Time to make dinner – chicken breast marinated in lime, ginger, sesame oil and garlic with a salad and bread. Then for desert – Mary’s brownies!



No comments:

Post a Comment