Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday, February 12, 2010 Xanadu Grand Bahamas Island



This is an interesting place. There are a lot of hotels, condos, and new buildings that are sitting vacant. It looks like there were a lot of dreams that pretty much went bust or never came to fruition. It’s sad. I guess everyone took notice of the arrival of our 4 boats last night. Someone made the comment that that hasn’t happened in a couple of years. It says something about the state of the economy here and elsewhere. It feels like we’re in a deserted Florida town. The buildings are here, but the decided lack of people is quite noticeable. It’s almost a ghost town.

We took a walk with Pam & Glen (Blue Pearl) out to the beach and around the hotels and condos this afternoon. There were a couple of ladies selling things they’d made, a couple tourists in a time share condo, and guards protecting the property but we didn’t really run into anyone else.

We all traded pictures with each other and now I’m checking out email, updating my blog and feeding my bread starter. We have electrical power here so I need to make sure I have bread for TOAST! I love this bread as toast – it reminds me of the English Muffin Bread from the BZB back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment