Friday, January 8, 2010

Wednesday, January 06, 2010


Each sunrise is glorious. As it comes up each morning, each color is different as it glitters off of the crest of the waves. It evokes a feeling of renewal, like going to church on Sunday and being born again. Each dazzling sunrise that greets my eyes is like that – like going to church on Sunday and feeling born again. If you could see through my eyes, what a wondrous thing sunrise is… Good morning world!

I got up, turned on the coffee and waited for sunrise (around 7:17am). I love this 10-minute coffeemaker. Took pictures, ran out of batteries; reloaded the batteries and started again only to be told that my memory was full. Well it actually is. Filled with visions. Moments in time. Captured for a moment on a memory card. Captured in my memory card. What fragile things memories are? But the camera can store those seconds in time. Seconds lost in the moment but captured in time on a little piece of plastic, to be immortalized perhaps on paper, then lost again in time.

By the time I dumped my memory card onto the computer, I’d lost the moment I’d wanted to capture. But only a fragment of it.

For breakfast, John made another one of his wonderful fruit and nut salads with French toast and juice. I’m going to get really spoiled here. Love John’s fruit salad. Now if there was only some way I could figure out how to store him on board the boat!

We sat around chatting before gathering up our stuff to hit the road. Patti & John have a Garmin GPS in the car that you plug in your data, and it tells you where to go! I love it! A woman’s voice telling you where to go! We loaded in the address for Sam’s Club – more heavy/bulky stuff before going back to the boat – then the address for Vero Beach. I gotta get a Garmin!

The dinghy was still there waiting for all our goodies! It was a two-dinghy trip! The first load filled and weighed the dink so much, I wondered if Wayne would make it to the boat without sinking. Yep. He came back for the second load and me! We said our goodbyes to Patti & John at the dinghy dock and returned to the boat. It was so nice to see them. I feel thoroughly spoiled and pampered…

We unloaded the dink, then loaded everything down below and stowed it away. I talked Wayne into Burgers at the Riverside and we jumped back into the dink and headed that way. On the way there, we passed by a boat with a familiar name, that I couldn’t place. I didn’t remember ever meeting this boat, but the name stuck with me. The schooner Winfield Lash… After we’d passed it, it clicked. Steph’s friend Marge was on that boat! We turned around and went back but nobody was there. Cordelia was the boat behind the Winfield Lash, so we stopped by there to see if they’d like to go for burgers but they’d just finished a late lunch. We chatted a bit and I petted the kitty that belonged to the boat they were rafted to, then we went for burgers at the Riverside and back to the boat for the night. I love that people travel with their pets. I get to pet them :) Maybe once we settle down again, I’ll get another pet.



No comments:

Post a Comment