Friday, January 8, 2010

Thursday, January 07, 2010 Vero Beach, FL


How spoiled I am. I buried my head under the covers all night – it got to the upper twenties again. I actually stayed in bed until 7:30 because I didn’t want to get out from under the covers. Finally I dashed from the bed to the stern of the boat where the heater switch is. Then I dashed back to bed. Oops. Coffee. Back to the stove, then I had to wait for my alcohol burner to come up to speed to make coffee. Back to the bed to wait for the water to come to a boil Away for two days and already looking for automatic heat, and to push a button for coffee! The heat actually came up pretty quickly though so it wasn’t so bad.

Wayne turned on the generator and in the process of doing so noticed our dink was deflated on one side. Oh-oh… Hopefully we don’t have a slow leak. It looks more deflated than just the cold air. When we looked around, nobody else had lost so much air and let’s face it. It was one side. So with all the loading an unloading of stuff yesterday we may have loosened one of the valves, or we have a slow leak somewhere. We got it pumped back up, loaded our wrappings from the packages for the garbage and headed for shore to catch the bus into town.

First stop was West Marine. They did have one of the bulbs we need and said they could get the other one by this afternoon from another store. Yay! From there we went over to the Publix to check on their pop and price, then on to Wal-marts. They actually had my pop there so we picked up some more pop (Diet Coke with splenda!) at $.25 cheaper than at the Publix. We missed the next bus back and had to wait for the next one but it wasn’t as cold as the last time we did that. It was nice to sit and people watch until the bus showed up. We stopped back by Winfield Lash before going back to the boat, and Marge and Dave were there so we finally got to meet them. I feel like I already know Marge, through Stephanie. Dave is a submariner and I enjoyed hearing about his time on submarines. I’ve always wanted to go on one. We're going to join them for coffee in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment