Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday, January 18, 2010 Vero Beach


Our trip into town for Quest parts or anything that might adapt to Quest parts turned out to be fruitless. Wayne is ready to tear apart the entire plumbing and replace it (he’s frustrated). I would highly recommend that anyone looking at Quest fittings (plumbing) – think twice or make sure you have a parts place that specializes in that brand. After a trip to Lows and Home Depot, we went by Walmarts & picked up some fishing line, distilled water (my tea), oil and transmission fluid. We’d just missed the bus back to the transfer station so I whipped out my book and read for an hour & Wayne did some people watching.

Jane (Flex Time) got on the bus at the transfer station and we chatted on the way back to the boats where we dropped off our stuff & then swung by Raven to see if they were going over to the Dockside Grill for “happy apps” & drinks & then by Cordelia.

It was nice getting together with Flextime (Bob & Jane) & Cordelia (Dave & Ellen minus Thisbe). Good food, company and discussions. I’m not sure where Blue Moon is brewed, but it’s fast becoming my favorite happy hour ale :)

We couldn’t get the Honda Generator going for nothing when we got back to the boat. Both batteries on my computer are dead and no way to charge them on the boat right now. Don’t know why the generator won’t start. Leaving it out on the bow of the boat to get dew saturated every night perhaps? I ordered a DC adapter for my computer. It should be more efficient for charging my computer from the boat batteries than going from DC to AC back to DC. According to Wayne it requires about a 25% increase in energy to charge the computer batteries this way. So I’m draining the boat batteries more than required by using the AC adapter… Waiting on my DC charger .


No comments:

Post a Comment