Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Wednesday, November 25, 2009 Adams Creek to Swansboro NC

I got up and made coffee about 6:15am and sat around playing on the computer, went up top to check things out and then back below to play solitaire some more. We left the anchorage around 8-8:30. I don’t really know when and it was overcast out but not windy. I saw a couple of dolphins for the first time this trip. It was actually in the same area as last year, when we saw dolphins for the first time on our way south. It makes sense that we’d see them in the same area. While the air temperature is cold, we’ve entered an area where the water is a little bit warmer, which allows the dolphins to come further north.

A few hours later I decided it’d be a good time to start making my pumpkin pie – it seems calm out, so I made tuna sandwiches (homemade bread yum) then started on the pie. As soon as I started to get it into the oven it started raining and getting foggy so I took a break to turn on the radar and make some tea. I know how cold and tiring it can get at the helm in weather. Then I went back to making my pie. We passed a little blue sailboat that came by our anchorage last night at twilight – I guess that he wasn’t a local like I thought. He appears to be heading south in his foulies too. I waved and went back below. Wayne said we both didn’t need to be up top and I like being below in the foul weather for a change :)

We put into Swansboro around 2:30 off Caspar’s Marina near the bridge in 15 feet of water. The Current runs strong here and we had to reset the anchor in the rain.

I made flatiron steak with mashed potatoes and gravy for dinner. Wayne loved it of course – steak and potatoes.

The broadband connection is excellent here so I checked out face book and am trying to see what the heck I’ve done on my blog. There are numerous errors I see (in past postings). Hmmmm….


No comments:

Post a Comment