Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 liFE in THE boat YARD


Journal catch up, then off to the Dollar store to see if I could find some match sticks that AREN’T childproof, a tea/coffee pot, and other various items… No luck. I’ll have to wait till we go to Wally World again… The last few days have been work work work… We were supposed to be put in the water a Thursday or so ago, then Monday, now tomorrow. Amazing how long things take…

Wayne got the solar charger out of the galley hatch and emptied the battery compartment. Little by little… He put the Bad Boy antenna on the pole to the wind generator and got the isolator attached to it. Boy I hope that the isolator works. The noise that the wind generator makes, sometimes goes right through me. It never seems to bother Wayne, but because it’s never the same pitch, it can definitely keep me awake all night. I don’t think he ever believed how irritating it could be and probably thought I was just being a whiney female until a couple of our friends commented on it when they came aboard. Sometimes it helps having confirmation. Anyhow after he got the wires out, isolator on, Bad Boy Wireless attached. Then we got the blades put on the wind generator and got her raised after dropping a nut. Oops! Ping… as it bounced off the deck and 15 feet below to the ground. Hold the wind generator up and I’ll go find the nut. Down the ladder Wayne went to search for the nut. I can’t find it. This one is not it. He showed me one 1/2 the size of the one we dropped. But hey we have another stainless steel nut for something. I can’t see it. You try. Okay. Your turn to hold the wind generator. Wandering below the boat in search of a nut towards dusk… I noticed that the people were sitting aboard the boat in front of us. We were their evening entertainment. Mhmmm… Raise the wind generator. Lower the Wind Generator. Hold the Generator while I fix this. Okay, blades on. Okay, up we go. Down we go. Oh no… we dropped a nut. Down the ladder. Found the nut. Back up the ladder and the wind generator is finally up. Oops dropped the wrench… sigh… well the good news is, we’re not in the water so we can retrieve the wrench… unlike the one we dropped in the water last time. Not rewired yet, but the wind generator is up. Wave to our audience watching our antics and smile. Mmmmm…. not only are they having their sundowners, but they’re grilling something that smells wonderful! Steak? Chops? Chicken? Not sure but dang it smells good. mmmmmm… What’s for dinner aboard Kolibrie? Think I’ll make a bologna sandwich.

Hmmmm… I don’t think we’re ready to go into the water tomorrow. I wonder if Wayne will do rock, paper, scissors with me to see who goes to the office to tell Ann to back us up another day or so…
We also need to go see Eric about helping us change the impeller. I think he may have forgotten us or they could just be backed up with Jesse in the hospital. When we saw Jesse last Thursday or Friday he disappeared half way through the day and we found out later that he had appendicitis so things are backing up in the boatyard without him. Hope he’s feeling better though. Ouch, ouch, ouch…

No comments:

Post a Comment