Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thursday, January 5, 2012 Life in the Boatyard


It’s a definite work day, the weather is perfect. Temperatures today are in the 60s to low 70s with a nice breeze. Wayne went back to sanding/varnishing topside and I got the first of the bottom paint on the hull.

I’d picked up a couple of TV dinners yesterday to break in our little alcohol stove and it’s nice to see it still works. One side heats faster than the other (oops I’d forgotten about this) so I switched sides – meatloaf to the other side and stuffed peppers where the meatloaf had been. Hey, it works… both were small portions but after all the good cooking at home this summer we both could shed a few pounds.
Besides, its major work cooking in this galley and after working on the bottom paint, my arms, wrists, hands and neck are screaming at me to stop…
Where’s that aspirin?
Boat’s supposed to go in the water tomorrow.
I don’t think so…
We need to have a survey before it goes into the water so I went to the office to let them know we wouldn’t be ready until Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment