Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday, January 15, 2012 Day 25 in the Work yard…


Got up and checked the little weather station from the Mehall family before making coffee. Hmmm, it was 39 outside the boat and 59 inside the boat. Good job Wally (our Wally-world special heater). I turned it off, just in case…, before making coffee. I didn’t want to go down a cold, wet ladder, run to the circuit panel, by the work yard office, in the dark. I wanted my coffee in peace… ahhh! Coffee, mafia wars, and a heater at my feet. Day 25 in the work yard -

Let the festivities begin…

I finished putting the bimini and dodger together while Wayne took the windlass apart. The windlass looked like it’d been welded together by rust and corrosion. Yikes! There’s no way we can just clean it up, add grease and slap it back together… it’s pretty well gone.

Dennis in the boat next to us was telling us about his “Anchor Lift” so we were looking on the web for one for our boat. We then looked at the footprint on our deck. After browsing and searching I went to the “Quick Windlass” site. If we got the same one, it theoretically should fit the cutout… right?
Right… then maybe a few days less in the boatyard…



No comments:

Post a Comment