Saturday, January 7, 2012

Saturday, January 7, 2012


While Wayne is still Varnishing, I decided it was a good day to go to Walmart for “stuff”. Half way there, the phone rang and I thought it was Wayne. I told him to call me if he needed anything. It wasn’t Wayne, but Stephanie :) It was good to chat with her and catch up on how she was doing and how Rob’s recouping, along with how the boys are doing… I sat in the parking lot chatting with her for a while.

Once inside Wally World I found some shorts $4.00 (Wow!), Dramamine, veggis, and other items along with the all-important dessert for the potluck dinner tonight. I was after another carrot cake or Key Lime pie but found the cutest little miniature cupcakes – turtle, red velvet, and carrot cake. I couldn’t resist. I guess the other cruisers couldn’t resist either because for dinner there were miniature cupcakes galore! We sat with Lee from Passage and Ron and Jolene (Thyme Hyssop & Wry). I looked for Klaus and Barb (Klabara) but never saw them. They said that they made it there though. Moose made chicken legs and wings and we had some sweet candy stick corn that was locally grown along with all the wonderful side dishes and multitude of miniature cupcakes LOL. The Lions were playing the Saints tonight in the playoffs. As much as I wanted to see the Lions, the game started at 8pm though so I didn’t stay to watch it. I probably wouldn’t be able to keep my eyes open to watch it (as much as I wanted to). Jolene had shared more wine with me tonight – a cranberry wine – tart, but good and I was feeling its effects. I did get to meet her little cat though before heading back for the boat. They have a little seal point Siamese and he’s sooo pretty. When I first went on board and saw him, the light hit his eyes and they actually looked lavender! Wow! But as he came out to investigate me, I noticed they were a beautiful turquoise color. What a little sweetie!

No comments:

Post a Comment