Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 Black Point, Great Guana Cay


Coffee, weather and watching boats leave the anchorage this morning. Everyone is trying to get to a safe anchorage to wait out the weather coming in, in a few days. Flextime is gone, Finisterre is pulling out and I can’t believe how quickly the anchorage emptied back out.

We packed up our computers, grabbed the mail and dinghied over to the government dock. The post office is right at the end of the dock in a cute little yellow building. I love the floral stamps. The postmistress says that the Bahamas have the most beautiful stamps in the world. I probably have to agree with her :0) The mail boat to Nassau picks up the mail on Wednesday from Black Point, so who knows – maybe the mail will make it back to the states within the next 3 weeks. I hope my mail makes it to Gina intact and in a timely fashion!

We went from the post office to Lorraine’s CafĂ© for Internet but it was almost non-existent again. I tried to post my blog (up to yesterday) but I’m not sure if it took. I didn’t even try to post any pictures with it – that would have been useless. We’ll try again later and have a late lunch there. We ran into Mad Cap at Lorraine’s. Beth had freshly baked bread – Lorraine’s mom makes it. So I went to the house and bought a loaf of coconut bread and white. I have to get Beth my bread recipe and some starter.

More later.

Took my starter over to Mad Cap and while we were chatting I spotted a Bayfield coming into the harbor (they do stand out). It’s Celebrian (pronounced Kolibrian LOL) We’ve periodically heard them called on the radio and thought someone was calling us. Now we learn that they’re also a 36’ Bayfield LOL! Awesome! We dinghied over to say hi and find out about Lee Stocking Island – yes they appear to be open again (last year they had no funding so were not open). So I’ll have to look at plotting a course there. It’d be a shorter trip than to Georgetown and we’d like to see the research center. We ran into Pat & Wayne (Bum’s Rest) at DeShawns restaurant on the way over to Lorraine’s (home of the conch/lobster pizza)They’re headed north. Seems like we’re running into a lot of people heading north already.


So I’m sitting here in Lorraine’s eating conch and uploading my blog. The Internet is now up and running again :) Tomorrow we'll head South again. I'm not sure - but I think that Lee Stocking is where we're headed.

No comments:

Post a Comment