Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday, March 26, 2010 Ft. Lauderdale


Ft. Lauderdale, U.S.

I am sooo not used to heat and humidity! It got to the mid-eighties today with showers and rain on and off throughout the day. We got the dink off our deck, the motor on and went over to the office to check in. Then on to the beach… wow… spring break is definitely in full swing. There were a lot of people on the beach this time. The stores along the waterfront were crowded and you could see umpteen different types of “spring break 2010” t-shirts all displayed in the windows. Bikinis, footballs, Frisbees and sun tanners all over the beach… The smell of Coppertone came wafting to my nose as we approached the water’s edge. I haven’t smelled that smell in years! It brought back many memories of childhood beach outings with family…
Lonnie needs beach detail here! They have boats, 4 wheel quad beach runners, horses, motorcycles, bicycles, my goodness! The Ft. Lauderdale Police have very good funding here along the beach!

I found a very nice piece of sea glass. That really surprised me considering all the people out combing the beach for shells, etc… This one would make a nice piece of jewelry! We looked in quite a few shops for some Ray-Ban sunglasses but this isn’t the place to buy them. The costs are outrageous! I think I’ll wait until we get to Vero Beach. I’m not sure where we bought ours when we were with Patti & John but I think it might have been Walgreens… Anyhow – I’d like another pair like the ones I lost. They’re the only polarized ones I’ve ever owned that I could see correctly out of…

We splurged and stopped at Haagen-Dazs for ice cream! I’m not overly fond of ice cream but that was a treat. Back at the boat we had hot dogs & chips & beans for dinner. It was quite a junk food day. Glad I made scrambled eggs, ham and potatoes for breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment