Thursday, December 24, 2009

Thursday, December 24, 2009 St. Augustine, FL

I still love sunrise. My favorite time of the day. Everything is filled with promise of fresh beginnings, new days.


Spent the morning sipping coffee in the cockpit and enjoying the warmer temperatures of the last couple days. I spotted a kingfisher on another boat - that took me back home. I can remember mornings sitting out mornings and listening to them. One used to perch on the mast of the little sailboat.


While I was drinking my coffee and looking in the water a little green sea turtle popped its head up to say hello! By the time I got my camera it was underwater next to the boat again. It watched me from under the water and I watched it from in the air.


After making breakfast (eggs, sausage, hashbrowns) I spent the rest of the morning putting some pictures to notes for my blog. It can be time consuming figuring out which pictures to put on and which ones not to. After that we went into town to wander a bit and explore and grab some pizza again. We went through the old town and over to the fort, then walked back to the marina.

There’s supposed to be some weather coming in tonight and I can tell. The wind is picking up – our wind generator has been silent of late, but today it’s spinning away. I may get to spend tomorrow actually posting to my blog. Sorry all – it seemed this trip that we either had internet connections when we didn’t have power to both write on the computer, then download and edit pics, or we had the power but sparse connections.

I can’t believe that it’s the end of the year already.



No comments:

Post a Comment