Monday, February 20, 2012

Monday, February 20, 2012 Berry Island Club Mooring field, The Berry Islands– Frazer’s Hog Cay

The winds kept up all night and our wind generator sounded like it wanted to go airborne at times. That’s good news for our battery bank and my journal. I can use my computer without having to worry about using up all our power. Man if we only had wifi it’d be perfect! How’s that song go by the Rolling Stones? You can’t always get what you want…but you get what you need…

Wayne was really coughing and hacking all night. He sounds terrible. I hope I don’t get it but don’t know how I can’t with our close proximity in the boat and even closer proximity in the berth. Each loud coughing fit is right at my ear… Keeping my fingers crossed that he gets better soon and that I don’t get it.

A 110 ft motor yacht was hailing Chub Cay Marina asking if they have any diesel?
No Mon but the Berry Island Club to the east has fuel… What’s your draft?
6 ft.
Oh oh… He’s coming in here… Impressive looking yacht! I have bow thruster envy watching him pull into the dock. We’ve been putting off getting fuel because we have to jerry can it until our control lever gets fixed but upon hearing that the 110 foot needed fuel, Wayne hopped out of bed and got the cans in the dinghy and went over to get 10 gallons. We need more, but at least if we can get 10 gallons before they run out, I’ll be ecstatic! The further south we go, the less fuel there always seems to be available.
More later…

Well after jerry canning our 2 containers over and filling them and returning back to the boat that was about all Wayne could handle. The motor yacht only took on 700 gallons. At $6/gallon, I guess he thought he could get a better price down Nassau way. That’s okay with us. That means he left diesel for the rest of the sailboats in the harbor. Wayne went back to bed for the day and I sat around the boat looking at charts and reading. Around 3:30 the tides started switching around and the mooring ball started going under the boat again. It sounds horrendous each time it goes under and drags along the underside. We were supposed to go over to Wind Quest for dinner but Wayne’s not up to it. He pretty much insisted I go without him, so I hailed Azaya to see if they’d pick me up on the way over there. I’m not ready to try the dinghy by myself to get over there and then back to the boat after dark in these currents and waves.


Carol made a Caesar salad and spaghetti with clam sauce, Mary brought over cracked conch from the conch she and Axel had gotten and I’d made pineapple pudding for dessert. Carol gave me some cough syrup/suppressant for Wayne. He hasn’t felt like eating anything for a couple days now except fruit cups. It was such a nice dinner and I felt a little guilty enjoying it and knowing that Wayne was back at the boat feeling miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment