Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday 2/24/12 From Norman's Cay to Shroud Cay

Oh what a night… I was awake most of the night sneezing, coughing and blowing my nose. Ugh. The winds are up and running about 10-15 as we bob up and down in the waves. I was able to hail Exuma Park and get put on the waiting list for tomorrow. Mary tried hailing them on channel 16 a little after 8 but got no response. They came on the air at 9am and monitor Channel 9 on the VHF. I called and put Azaya and us on the list for tomorrow. I hope they have room. I feel the need for a few days of rest and sleep and their north mooring field is just the place… Secure moorings in a sheltered little bay with wifi that you pay for so I can update my journal.


A different view of Azaya from our boat

We got our anchors up at 1pm and picked up moorings in Shroud Cay at 2:30pm (same mooring we were actually at the first time we were here at 24 32.067/76 47.883). As we were coming in to pick up our mooring Wayne looked at me as we pulled up to ours and said “okay, were not going to break another cable and run over the mooring okay?” Smart Alec! Laughing…we noticed that Azaya had bypassed theirs and were dropping anchor about 30 ft in front of their mooring. I spotted what looked like a white cable in the water behind the mooring ball. It turned out to be their pole trying to escape. Axel & Mary were getting the kayak ready for a man overboard to save the hook but it looked like it got away clean. Next they got the dinghy in the water and used our looky-bucket. Still no luck. I’m just glad we had an extra pole so they don’t have to do without one. After searching a bit more and not finding the pole, they finally got hooked up to their mooring then went exploring. Wayne and I decided that it was a good time to kick back and relax while the germs continue to have their way with us. I’d forgotten how very pretty it is here. Picture taking opportunity while I hang out on the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment