Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wednesday, January 12, 2011


The front that’s supposed to come in tonight looks like it’s coming in a little early. It started clouding up this morning and by 1:00pm the wind generator was finally spinning again.

Stu came by this morning (Georgia E) to see what our plans were, so I went over the waypoints that we thought we might take from here to Ships Channel or Allens.

Wayne spent the day getting fuel for the boat and giving her an oil change, then emptied the tub (our storage area) so I could get a shower and wash my hair. Since he had to run the engine to heat the oil, it also heats the water so it was an opportune time to get that shower, mmmmmm I love clean hair!

I spent the day going through pictures and coming up with some graphics for boat cards for Azaya. She liked mine, so I thought I’d set some up for her but I don’t know what data she wanted on them LOL. I’ll have to wait and see I guess – so much for a surprise.

Happy hour was on the lovely Georgia-E. I made some chicken salad and downloaded some pictures onto Tony’s flash drive then we dinghied over, but with a bit of apprehension. The front that’s coming through is supposed to have 40-knot winds so the idea of leaving the boat in those conditions was a bit worrisome. But from what we saw, we’re either well protected or the winds aren’t here yet. Martha and Bob (DW Crow), Harry and Maraka (Aurora), Axel (Azaya), Wayne and myself along with Tony and Stu all fit in the cockpit. So how many people can you fit in a Bayfield 36 cockpit for happyhour? Nine to be sure and probably ten. It was a tight fit, but I was thoroughly amazed to think there was room for one more. The conversations were informative (DW Crow was the first steamship on the Great Lakes), witty (the position of the Canadian Navy), and sometimes made me stop and think about things (hunting and urbanization). Then of course I got to see if there were many differences between Stu’s Bayfield and ours. There were amazingly very little differences but I did find a couple of projects to add to my to-do list – a mast cover and V-berth alterations.

I have noticed a remarkable change in temperature this evening. Yesterday it was so hot and now tonight it’s pleasantly cool. The wind generator is spinning away, merrily charging our batteries. I was hoping to get on to the Internet tonight but the Georgia-E isn’t transmitting. I’ll have to see if I can get a weather forecast tomorrow morning, to see if we can head south on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment