Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thursday, January 06, 2011 Working and rain


I pulled out my little electric coffee pot for coffee this morning (why use up my alcohol when I have shore power?) and loved how much faster it makes coffee than my little 2-burner stove! Wow! That and a toaster and being able to get off the boat at whim! Can it get any better than that? Took a morning walk and chatted with some of the crew of the 87 ft fishing yacht and 185 ft yacht Mystique that came in last evening. I thought they came in to get out of the front that’s coming tonight, but they’re here for the Wahoo fishing tournament this next week. It sounds like there’s money in those tournaments – last year first prize claimed 1.75 million dollars! Wow. It was interesting chatting with them. I learned they like to use ballyhoo and uhm, grunts as baitfish but it seems to work. I told them the only fish we’d caught besides barracuda was a King Mackerel and he just kind of grinned at me.


Thomas (our host) and Joe (Nocturne)
 On the way back to the boat from my stroll, I saw Joe out with his hair-hat on and had to get a picture of him. I love that hat! Then it was back to the boat to make breakfast. We had bagels with strawberry cream cheese, bananas and I made some mushroom, onion and cheese omelets. I couldn’t believe how hungry I was & actually wolfed it down!

Now I’m spending the day downloading pictures and working on the computer while Wayne tries to hook up the foot pump to the sink. It would be nice to have water that I don’t have to keep running back and forth to flick on the switch at the nav-station. Wash a dish, then with soapy hands run to switch on the water pump to rinse, and on and on. Our pump just doesn’t work right and hasn’t for the longest time. To use it without shorting out a circuit we turn on the pump until it’s at capacity, then switch it off because the amps seem to skyrocket to 15 on our amp-meter. It’ll be nice when he gets that foot pump going – yah!
The rain started at 1:30pm lightly then we got rolling thunder and lightening along with the rain around 2:30pm. With the last crackle of thunder so close to the lightening I think it time to shut down. The wind is whipping up. Later.
The rains continued on and off, sometimes, in torrential downpours. While Wayne worked on the foot pump, I continued cleaning up computer files then when he went over to Azaya to see if they had a part he could use, Mary and I jumped ship with our charts to go over to the sheltered picnic tables to look at various anchorages. I discovered that this was no easy feat since we were at low tide. We sit about 3.5 feet below the cement dock so at low tide it makes it difficult getting on and off. Especially when it’s wet! I have to jump up in a sitting position and swivel before standing so it was wet bottom time.

No comments:

Post a Comment