Saturday, January 22, 2011

Little Farmers Cay Saturday, January 22, 2011


After coffee and listening to Chris Parker on 4045 I tried to turn on the computer and it just didn’t want to start. It was acting like the battery was dead and kept turning off as soon as I’d turn it on. I’d never seen it act like that before and fear that it may be getting on its last leg. Especially after not letting me log on the other day. I did manage to get on after letting it sit for an hour but now I find I’m going to have to start a paper journal again and/or start placing my computer journal on a thumb drive. I probably should be doing that no matter what though.

We took the little computer to the Ocean Cabin for email and to pay bills. There was no email so to speak of from the kids but I did enjoy hearing from Mary and Elaine. The connection here was very slow, to the point of frustration. Then it was time for lunch. Wayne and I split an order of cracked conch and a lobster salad sandwich. Both were very good. It seemed weird but natural to have a Kalik with the meal even if it was lunch, but the beer was very good with the lunch and I couldn’t imagine anything other than a nice Bahamian beer with a traditional Bahamas type lunch.

After lunch we made reservations with the Marina at Emerald Bay for tomorrow. They have two different rates depending on which dock you want to stay at - $2.25/foot if you want to be on the power dock or $1/foot if you don’t need power. We made reservations for all 3 boats on the non-power dock. The amenities are still the same – free showers, laundry, and coffee, shuttle to the market, etc… and on the other dock – you still have to pay for metered power and water ($.40/gallon) in addition to the $2.25/foot.

After doing our computer stuff and lunch we headed back to the boat to get her readied for the blow tonight. All three of us put out an anchor as well as the mooring in case the blow decides to take out the mooring like last year. I personally don’t want the same scenario as last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment