Monday, December 27, 2010

Monday, December 27, 2010


Wow did it get cold last night. All the ports are dripping as the humidity in the cabin condenses on the windows and metal frames of the ports. I did not want to get out of bed this morning to make coffee. Unfortunately, Wayne couldn’t be coaxed to do it either… so I finally got up and put the coffee on and threw some sweet rolls in the oven for breakfast too (two bonuses – sweet rolls and heat from the oven). That ‘modified’ arctic cold front that came ripping down from the north yesterday has cooled things off to subfreezing – isn’t this Florida??? Brrrr….

I don’t know if it ever reached 60 today or not, but I was shivering up top making my splice for the lazy-jack. Lines A-D are now up and tomorrow I’ll try and finish up the E lines – two more splices. I broke my sail needle while whipping the eye splice. Oops! I’m hoping that it will be warmer tomorrow but since it’s supposed to get colder tonight then last night I may put off the E line until Wednesday when it’s supposed to start getting warmer again. The E line is the retractor for the lazy-jacks and isn’t really necessary but we figured since I was doing this, it would be a plus to be able to haul the lazy jacks in when we don’t need them (less wear and tear on them and the sail).

We had the last of the turkey tonight with salad and that yummy pumpkin/pecan/strussel pie! Now it’s time to hustle my butt to bed & under the covers for some warmth. Now where’s that towel for the dripping ports!

No comments:

Post a Comment