Saturday, December 4, 2010

The crack of dawn and we were up and raring to go?
After coffee Wayne started working on plugging the boltholes on the front end and trail board, then sanding them down. The Trailboard had to be bent back in place. It started to straighten out again after being off for the duration of the bowsprit removal.

I was kicking myself for signing up to bring pineapple pudding to the potluck tonight because I’d never gotten to the store to get the requisite vanilla wafers to make it so it was going to have to be made today for this evenings meal. Hoping that it would set up in time and have enough chill time, I went to the store, then got back and got to work on it.

Then, it was time to finish up varnishing the top part of the sprit and woodwork on the bow and rub rails.

Wayne started working on the wind generator. He’s taking the brackets apart that connect it to the deck to put silicon and rubber washers on them. Hopefully we can stop some of the vibration that seems to run through the boat. At night, I have trouble sleeping when it starts up and shuts off a lot. Theoretically the extra rubber will isolate the wind generator from direct contact with the deck.

Steve was the official chef for the potluck. He was in charge of the meat (which the marina supplies) and everyone else brings the side dishes. It was an impressive spread and the food wasn’t completely set out yet but everyone was in line and making haste to try out all the tempting tidbits and salads and sides before someone chastised everyone and covered all the dishes with tablecloths. I moseyed over to the grill to see how Steve was doing. He was busily pulling apart pork and cutting up sausages. He asked if I’d like a sample.
Silly question.
Of course!
And it was quite tastey.
He rattled off the spices that he used, such as alligator dandruff, dog fleas and hawk droppings (kidding). I truly can’t remember the spices but they weren’t ones that I’d ever heard of. I’ll ask him again Monday when I see him because they’re ones that they use down here that we don’t have up north.

Wayne and I joined Dave and Jerri (Buckshot) at their table for dinner and we had a lovely evening with terrific food in spite of the cold weather. It seems that this place always has terrific food.



No comments:

Post a Comment