Monday, March 22, 2010

Saturday, March 13, 2010 Little Farmers Cay

Little Farmers Cay (N23 57.219 W076 19.001)

Today the front was supposed to come through in the late afternoon but came through in the late morning. After coffee, Wayne and I were able to catch some rain and a shower in the cockpit. The water was cool, fresh and delightful.

Marge & Dave (Winfield Lash) came by for a visit & we talked about shelling & happy hour tomorrow, then they headed to town & we hung out at the boat. Since the front still “supposedly” hadn’t come through yet we thought we’d stay put today. I’m going to see if anyone would like to come over to happy hour tomorrow after shelling. I experimented with asparagus to make a dip similar to Beth’s artichoke (using similar elements) but am not sure – we’ll see. I’ve never heard of an asparagus dip before.

The severe weather that was supposed to come in the afternoon never materialized. It was very calm all afternoon & would have made a great day for shelling. I probably could have gone out dinghying around today and having Happy Hour. I spent the afternoon looking for our flagstaff in the storage areas. I can’t believe how still the water and weather was. It hasn’t been like this all year. I heard Winfield hailing Nike and talking about leaving tomorrow. Sigh…

No comments:

Post a Comment