Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday, January 22, 2010 Velcro Beach, FL

Rainy morning… We waited for most of the rain to stop then dinghied over to the marina to catch the bus into town... one last time? Wayne noticed we were getting low on shampoo & I needed to get another match type lighter or two for the stove and grill. The ones from last year aren’t working as well and don’t seem to want to light anymore. I think I've refilled them for the last time.

The rain cleared out of the area by late afternoon and it looks like we’re still on for tomorrow to “hit the ditch” again after we fuel up, water up and pump out the holding tank. Wayne suggested we have one more burger and happy hour at the Riverside CafĂ©. Heck! You know I’m not turning that down! Dinner & drinks I don’t have to cook??? Yup! I’m so there! Then a shower and time to call it a night.

Okay – I lied! I went on Facebook and Becky had posted a video of a young man singing “Somewhere Over the Rainbow”… Ya know… this Wizard of Oz theme just keeps cropping up over, and over, and over… So I’ve decided that the theme for this year’s trip has got to be “Somewhere Over the Rainbow”… Just can’t fight it! Snipets from the Wizard of Oz have just kept cropping up this trip - from me playing the wicked witch, to the boat parade float to the song that keeps getting play time...


No comments:

Post a Comment