Sunday, November 15, 2009

Saturday, November 14, 2009 Kaaaachooo... oh no...


Mack came by bright and early this morning to put our new bilge pump hose on but Wayne told him to come by a little later so he could empty out the lazerette for him first. As the day went on we still hadn’t heard from the boatyard guys about going into the water. After Mack came back we discovered that we wouldn’t be going in today – we still needed to paint the bronze fittings and and dings before going into the water so the barnacles wouldn’t be taking over. What did I say? Time to scribble that off the calander for tommorrow. Soo it was time for a trip to the hardware, auto supply and West Marine in that order to see if we could find some bottom paint, a new zinc, transmission fluid and plumbing fittings. The picture was taken by Jen Holloway of some of the damage here at Stingray Pt.

I’m finally coming down with Wayne’s cold. As the day wears on, I feel worse. Here comes the sneezing and running nose. Yuck, I hate that. Wayne painted the bare spots then we both took a nap. I know I’m not feeling well now. It’s been all day and we haven’t eaten. Time to see if I can order pizza. I know Bella’s doesn’t deliver but it seems to me Dano’s does. Now if I can just stand in the right part of the boat so my phone works…

Wow. It’s really dark out. Went down the ladder in the dark wishing I’d have brought a flashlight with me on the trip to the marina lounge to pick up the pizza. Bagheera plus Frosty were sitting in the lounge when I got there and a preteen was watching some teen show of the rich and famous teens living in luxery. Interesting. Someone earlier had pizza in the lounge and it smelled soooo good but I’ve been craving pizza all week. I told Wayne that’s why we were still here. We couldn’t leave until we’d tried Dano’s Pizza. Bagheera was working on her computer and Jim was killing time since there still was no power on A Dock. When the pizza finally got there, I had to walk it back in the dark avoiding the puddles as best I could and the pizza was no longer piping hot but it was tastey just the same. Hot tea along with it feels good on the throat. Ah-ahh choo! Bah humbug… It’s 7:30 and looks like midnight out there and feels it too. Time for bed, sniffle, sniffle, sniffle.

Oh, by the way… we’ve come to the conclusion that since we’ve been in this boatyard for about a month now (and still counting) that we’ve been across the Mason Dixon Line long enough to switch from “you’se” to “ya’ll” so – gnight ya’ll… Yah, yah I know, I’ve always used ya’ll any how. It’s the hushpuppies that get to me here. I saw hushpuppy mix in the grocery store and hushpuppies in the deli the other day and that started me thinking of North vs South, then we visted the battlefields at Yorktown… well ya’ll get the drift.

Stretch, yawn, sneeze, cough, gnight ya’ll.


No comments:

Post a Comment