Sunday, November 15, 2009

Monday, November 09, 2009 Quiet day at the boatyard & a bikeride

Went down to take a shower and started chatting with Marie from Cattiva (Cattiva means bad girl in Italian). Discovered that our name also means hummingbird in Italian. It’s interesting to find out that it means the same thing in several languages.

Mack didn’t make it in to work today but our parts came in this afternoon. I saw our shaft and prop sitting in the boatyard plant. So YAY! The parts are all in now!


Wayne took the car back to Enterprise and I started putting some stuff away on the boat. When he got back I absconded with a bike and went for a bike ride into Deltaville to the post office and then ended up at a bakery. Chatted with a couple from the sailboat Alpha Tango that is anchored over in Fishing Bay (where we picked up the old anchor last year). They’re one of the few remaining sailboats at anchor there so we’re not the only late stragglers still here. Bought some chicken noodle soup and brownies and when I got back to the boat discovered there were chunks of homemade focaccia bread thrown in the bags with the soup. Ymmmm… I thought that Wayne would like some soup but nope. I sat up top and ate the soup and made him a couple of hot dogs. It looks like Foxglove is also in the process of trying to remove his propeller shaft to replace his cutlass bearing. Watched him and was about to go see if I could help but the watermen from a few boats down came over to help and when they brought a sledgehammer with them I figured I’d better butt out.
It was a nice day out 70 and calm. I guess the rest of the week is supposed to be a bust – the remnants of hurricane Ida are making its way here. So it should be a wet and windy couple of days. That must mean we’ll be getting into the water soon. I think its time to check facebook and see how things went back home with Alli, then a little light reading (Janet Evanovich here I come) and call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment